Hi, nice to see you. Here you can read about my latest trips around the world, learn about culture, see pictures and of course, get to know all the funny things that happen when you are travelling. Hope you enjoy, Gil

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trip to East Africa Oct 2006


Trip to East Africa


Hi everybody,


Although this was a bid adventure in East Africa, mainly full of work and experiments.

This trip started in August 17th. I have headed to Tanzania. Over there worked in some experimental plots that are design to test the efficiency of mangrove filtration sewage. Then, at the end pf August, I have headed to Mozambique where I have stayed for 1 month. Although had planned for 4 days of vacation … well had to postpone them to Tanzania.

In Tanzania stayed for also another month and although I was thinking of finishing everything by the 10th of October, I flu to Kenya on the 19th and was in the lab till 4am that day, and my flight from Dar to Mombassa was at 6.30am J

In Mombassa, things went smooth and nicely. I collected some samples from the places I had to and then took 2 days of before flying to Portugal in the beginning of November.

Had time to dive in Malindi, that was named after Vasco da Gama’s wife, called Melinda. Had also time to go to a snake Park where you are able to see and touch (in some cases) the most deadly snakes in Africa (like black manbas, najas and vipers). After this first day, I managed to go to Tsavo, one of Kenyan wildparks.


Hope to get news from you too. Will be in Portugal till December 16th, and will only be back from Brazil (Xmas and New Years Eve with family) by January 11th for 3 weeks, before returning to Africa.


A big hug and kisses,

Gil

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess i won't be seeing you then... I fly in Dec 20th and I'm back to RI Jan 6th.

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Baleia said...

Com q então..., tens um blog e não dizes nada a ninguém??!!...

estou a gostar!!

Qdo é q voltas ao LMG???...
bjnhs

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home